Today we had our voting and gee, it was crazy. The yr 4’s came in first to look and vote. The yr 4’s weren’t as hard to answer as the 5’s. The 5’s asked all these confronting questions about how you’ll fund this and what you’ll do.
Our groups name was On The Ball Outsiders. Our group worked pretty well together. Our leader was Daniel, he had to dress all fancy so the people new who the leader was. Our group came about 4th or 5th, which is pretty good.
After watching the BTN episode on Preferential Voting we had to answer these questions.
1. After watching the BtN Preferential Voting story, explain how preferential voting works to another student: Put your numbers from 1-4, lowest votes get knocked out and there votes go the the other leaders and so on.
2. For a political candidate to win their seat in an election they need to……
a. Win half the votes
b. Win half the votes plus one ✅
c. Win 100% of the votes
3. What is the official name for someone that counts the votes in an election? The Counter.
4. Not every country uses preferential voting. Can you name one? North Korea because they are a dictator.
5. Why are the advantages of a preferential voting system? That your second votes get counted up.
6. Why do minor parties prefer the preferential voting system? Because they can’t have advertisements.
7. What is the purpose of a “how to vote card”? To get the person to vote for that party.
8. What is a polling booth? Where people put there votes in.
9. Have you ever had to vote for someone or something? What was the process? To write down who I would like to get the MVP award.
10. Can you name the three major Australian political parties? Who are their leaders? Australian Greens-Richard Di Natle
Australian Labor Party-Bill Shorten
Liberal party Australia- Malcom Turnbull who currently runs Australia
Our class book has been The Night They Stormed Eureka. This is our work on the book like, character map, words and 1850’s VS 2017. This book just needed a better ending. My wondering was what ever happened to the gold?
Over the next couple of weeks we are going to read a picture story book to our buddy’s grade. We will have to read it just before lunch. I have chosen “Jacksons Footy”
My goal for this book is to make sure to slow down and use more expression.
sorry for the bad quality I had to compress the video because it was to big.
We are pretending to be children from the 1850’s.
Today we had to find our mother and fathers occupation for Sovereign Hill. My Fathers a brewer and my Mother is a soap maker. We had to attribute the photos and where we got the photos from.
The first one is from clickamericana.com
The second one is from cub.com.au
We also had to show a photo of what boat we came out on. I came out on Marco Polo. This is a photo of he ship I cane out on. I got this image off Wikipedia, but it didn’t come from there. They also attributed the photo which has come from :Marcopoloclipper.jpg